Re: Vertica targeting PostgreSQL users

From: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
To: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
Cc: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org>, PostgreSQL Advocacy Group <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Vertica targeting PostgreSQL users
Date: 2017-11-20 18:38:05
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On 2017-11-20 13:07:11 -0500, Stephen Frost wrote:
> * Joshua D. Drake (jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com) wrote:
> > To your point: Let's have a public
> > issue tracker that allows not only proper tracking of bugs but also
> > features and desires of the project so that new and current users
> > can have a simple interface to determine if there is anything they
> > can help with.

FWIW, I think a bugtracker to track bugs would be a good thing. But I
seriously doubt it does anything meaningful for what we're discussing
here.

> We do have a todo list which is available here:
>
> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Todo

Which is basically a list of project you shouldn't even consider doing
without at least a flame retardant suit. It has negative value, because
it steers people towards things that are likely going to be painful to
tackle.

Greetings,

Andres Freund