Re: Vertica targeting PostgreSQL users

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org>, PostgreSQL Advocacy Group <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Vertica targeting PostgreSQL users
Date: 2017-11-20 18:07:11
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Josh,

* Joshua D. Drake (jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com) wrote:
> To your point: Let's have a public
> issue tracker that allows not only proper tracking of bugs but also
> features and desires of the project so that new and current users
> can have a simple interface to determine if there is anything they
> can help with.

We do have a todo list which is available here:

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Todo

There is also the GSoC projects list that's a good place for folks to
look at who wish to contribute as well:

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/GSoC_2017

I'll be creating one for 2018 soon (most likely starting with a copy of
the 2017 effort) as we'll need one in January when we go to apply for
GSoC again.

There's also the start of a roadmap here:

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL11_Roadmap

And I certainly encourage people to add to that.

Thanks!

Stephen