Re: error in postgresql

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Sharmad Naik <sharmad(at)goatelecom(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: error in postgresql
Date: 2001-11-11 17:00:39
Lists: pgsql-sql

Sharmad Naik <sharmad(at)goatelecom(dot)com> writes:
> When I gave a search for core file I didn't seems to
> exist.pg_dump didnot create the core file

pg_dump isn't coring, it's the backend. Backend core files normally
appear in $PGDATA/base/whicheverdb/. If you don't see one there,
it's likely because you started the postmaster under "ulimit -c 0"
(this seems to be the default for init-script-started processes on
at least some Linux distros :-(). Restart it with "ulimit -c unlimited"
and try again.