Re: Meet-up in Santiago, Chile

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Meet-up in Santiago, Chile
Date: 2016-04-30 02:34:58
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On 04/27/2016 08:23 AM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > I'm organizing a meetup event on Thursday 28 (tomorrow). I have set up
> > a meetup account and event here,
> > http://www.meetup.com/es/Postgres-Santiago-CL/events/230531926/
> > which turned up a lot better than I initially expected (I created this
> > on Thursday 21; I didn't expect it would fill up so quickly. I was
> > thinking maybe 10 guys would come!).
> >
> > I would like some community funding help for this. How exactly does one
> > go about that?
>
> The funds group that organizes the access to the SPI funds should be
> able to help with this.

That's what I thought too; I see regular offers to help funding first
meetings to PUGs when people ask here about starting a PUG in their
city. I emailed funds(at)postgresql(dot)org but got absolutely no response
back. I still hope to get some money back.

BTW people were extremely happy with the event. Somebody offered a room
for free at their workplace for future repeats. This one was expensive.