PPAS capacity measuring method

From: 박양상 <yangsang(dot)park(at)samsung(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: 박양상 <yangsang(dot)park(at)samsung(dot)com>, 박영철 <yngchul(dot)park(at)samsung(dot)com>
Subject: PPAS capacity measuring method
Date: 2016-01-29 04:02:15
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello,

We are planning on migrating ORACLE DB running on UNIX to PPAS in Redhat environment in a few monthes.

Before migration, we need to adopt new servers to accommodate the same amount of transactions done on ORACLE DB.

I already know general things like the number of connections, workload which are very detrimental factors for capacity measuring.

We are in real situation to show the technical evidences to my bossbefore bringing new servers to our center.

Compared to ORACLE DB, how can I assure the number ofCPU cores, how many memories, disk space necessary?

benchmarking stuff or something will be very helpful.

I am really appreciated for your support if you give me any sort of information.

Thanks.