Re: pg_regress --help missing description of --bindir

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: pg_regress --help missing description of --bindir
Date: 2016-01-06 19:53:04
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Michael Paquier wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just bumped into the issue defined in $subject.
> Attached is a patch.

I don't understand the parenthical remark. Do you mean that if you pass
"--bindir" without an argument it uses PATH? That would be weird; but
if that's how it works, then it should look like --bindir[=DIR]. If you
don't mean that, then I think the proposed wording is confusing. Maybe
"PATH is searched if this option not given"?