Re: Error in the connection to the server

From: PT <wmoran(at)potentialtech(dot)com>
To: Ravi Kiran <ravi(dot)kolanpaka(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Error in the connection to the server
Date: 2015-04-15 21:56:43
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, 16 Apr 2015 02:05:34 +0530
Ravi Kiran <ravi(dot)kolanpaka(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> I have installed postgresql-9.4.0 version.
>
> I have started the server from eclipse indigo version using Run
> configurations.
>
> There is a table in my database whose name is "b". whenever I give a query
> which is related to this table I get the error *"The connection to the
> server was lost. Attempting reset: Failed." *Even for the drop command it
> is giving the same error.
> But it is working fine for the rest of the queries which are not related to
> the table b.
> Please help me in resolving this error.

Find the postgresql.conf, read through it to understand where
PostgreSQL is logging, then go look at the PostgreSQL logs.
There's a 90% chance that there will be a detailed message in
the logs that will help you quickly resolve the problem. If not,
you can increase the log verbosity.

--
PT <wmoran(at)potentialtech(dot)com>