February meeting in two weeks

From: Gabrielle R <gorthx(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Postgresql PDX_Users <pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: February meeting in two weeks
Date: 2015-02-06 04:17:03
Lists: pdxpug

When: 6-8pm Thu Feb 19, 2015
Where: Iovation
Who: David Kerr
What: Using Bucardo to Migrate your Pg database to RDS with minimal downtime

As a followup to January's RDS discussion, Dave Kerr works through
strategies to move your existing Postgres database into RDS.

Using Bucardo and Multi-Master Replication we can achieve a migration to
RDS with minimal or no downtime.

Dave will show some tools and techniques so help facilitate this transition
as well as go over the idiosyncrasies of using Bucardo with RDS.

--

Our meeting will be held at Iovation, on the 32nd floor of the US Bancorp
Tower at 111 SW 5th (5th & Oak). It's right on the Green & Yellow Max

Elevators open at 5:45 and building security closes access to the floor at
6:30.

The building is on the Green & Yellow Max lines. Underground bike parking
is available in the parking garage; outdoors all around the block in the
usual spots.

See you there!