Re: Client connection: Port 5432 / Postgres

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Nicolas Gignac" <gignacnic(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Client connection: Port 5432 / Postgres
Date: 2007-02-08 17:09:09
Lists: pgsql-general

"Nicolas Gignac" <gignacnic(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> I have installed Postgres 8.2 on a internal server having Windows Server
> 2003 (IIS 6) up and running.
> - I have configure the hp_config file to: host
> all 0.0.0.0./0
> md5
> - I have change the listening address to '*' in the postgres.conf file
> - No Firewall activated on this internal server
> - I have restart the server and I can connect to postgres from remote
> computer, PostgreSQL works only from the local host
> - When I do a Netstat I got this: TCP 127.0.0.0.1:5432
> 0.0.0.0.0 LISTENING 440

I'm pretty sure the above entry is only listening for local connections
--- I think there should be a netstat entry showing your machine's real
IP address and port 5432. Since there's not, you probably didn't change
listen_addresses correctly; maybe you forgot to uncomment the
postgresql.conf line, or edited the wrong copy of the file, or didn't
really restart the server.