Client connection: Port 5432 / Postgres

From: "Nicolas Gignac" <gignacnic(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Client connection: Port 5432 / Postgres
Date: 2007-02-07 16:28:56
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

I have installed Postgres 8.2 on a internal server having Windows Server
2003 (IIS 6) up and running.
- I have configure the hp_config file to: host
all 0.0.0.0./0
md5
- I have change the listening address to '*' in the postgres.conf file
- No Firewall activated on this internal server
- I have restart the server and I can connect to postgres from remote
computer, PostgreSQL works only from the local host
- When I do a Netstat I got this: TCP 127.0.0.0.1:5432
0.0.0.0.0 LISTENING 440
- When I tried to connect from local host to the port with telnet localhost
5432, I got an error: on port 23, connect failed.

What are the options/ways to allow connection by PostgreSQL remote Clients
to the 5432 port on my server in this internal network? Or is there any
problem with my steps, something I missed?

Thanks for your help.

Nicolas Gignac