Re: Comment - uniqueness of relfilenode

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Antonin Houska <antonin(dot)houska(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Comment - uniqueness of relfilenode
Date: 2014-03-07 02:20:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 08:34:29AM +0100, Antonin Houska wrote:

> >> I have update the C comment:
> >>
> >> < * Notice that relNode is only unique within a particular database.
> >> ---
> >
> > Yep. But the new text is no more correct than the old text. Did you
> > read what I wrote upthread?
>
> Perhaps "... unique within a particular (tablespace, database)
> combination." ?

Oh, I thought people just wanted the text to be consistent with other
mentions, rather than improving it. Attached is a patch which updates
comments about the tablespace/database issue.

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com

+ Everyone has their own god. +

Attachment Content-Type Size
relfilenode.diff text/x-diff 2.8 KB