Re: The missing pg_get_*def functions

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Joel Jacobson <joel(at)trustly(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: The missing pg_get_*def functions
Date: 2013-04-30 13:43:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers

* Joel Jacobson (joel(at)trustly(dot)com) wrote:
> Thanks for the motivational speech! :) I'll start working on it today!

Great, but you should really come up with an initial design and get
feedback on it before you start coding up something. :) I've outlined a
few very, very high-level ideas about what could be done, but there's a
*lot* of details that would need to be worked out here. You might also
ask some of the packagers (eg: Martin Pitt w/ Ubuntu/Debian) about how
they've handled point-upgrades which have required catalog hackery.

Thanks,

Stephen