Re: Monty on MySQL 5.1: "Oops, we did it again"

From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Monty on MySQL 5.1: "Oops, we did it again"
Date: 2008-12-01 20:32:24
Lists: pgsql-general

On Mon, Dec 01, 2008 at 08:05:48PM +0000, Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz wrote:

> well, at least they have replication and partitioning built in.

That will provide excellent comfort to the users.

HaplessUser: Your replication crashed and took all of my slaves with
it, and then my primary database crashed and I had an outage! You
cost me $BIGNUM dollars in downtime!

MySQLSupport: Well, at least replication is built in!

HaplessUser: But it's broken! You broke my database! I lost data!
This is buggy! Why am I paying you?

MySQLSupport: Built in! Built in! Built in! LALALALA.

Yep. Comforting, that.

Andrew Sullivan
ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca