problem with pg_statistic_relid_att_index

From: "Tony Da Silva" <tony(at)altonet(dot)co(dot)za>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: problem with pg_statistic_relid_att_index
Date: 2008-03-10 12:57:23
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

I seem to have a problem on one of my databases,

When I log into pgsql I see this:

ERROR: Invalid page header in block 3 of pg_statistic_relid_att_index

When I try to run any command (eg vacuum) I get this message:

dbname=> vacuum full;
ERROR: current transaction is aborted, queries ignored until end of
transaction block

reindex also does not work:

dbname=> reindex index pg_statistic_relid_att_index;
ERROR: current transaction is aborted, queries ignored until end of
transaction block

Please can somebody help if you know how to fix this.

Thx
Tony