Newly converted to 8.2.5 and getting this error

From: "Mark Steben" <msteben(at)autorevenue(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Newly converted to 8.2.5 and getting this error
Date: 2008-03-10 14:41:28
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi folks,

We have an application that cuts and pastes from Word and is getting this
error now that we have converted to 8.2.5.

The characters that are erroring are imbedded in the document. We would
prefer not having to remove them

invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0x85

HINT: This error can also happen if the byte sequence does not match
the encoding expected by the

server, which is controlled by "client_encoding".

Our client_encoding is obviously set at UTF8. Is there a client_encoding
value that is less restrictive?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you,

Mark Steben

Senior Database Administrator
@utoRevenueT
A Dominion Enterprises Company
480 Pleasant Street
Suite B200
Lee, MA 01238
413-243-4800 Home Office
413-243-4809 Corporate Fax

msteben <blocked::mailto:name(at)autorevenue(dot)com> @autorevenue.com

Visit our new website at
<blocked::http://www.autorevenue.com/> www.autorevenue.com

IMPORTANT: The information contained in this e-mail message is confidential
and is intended only for the named addressee(s). If the reader of this
e-mail message is not the intended recipient (or the individual responsible
for the delivery of this e-mail message to the intended recipient), please
be advised that any re-use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this
e-mail message is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail message in
error, please reply to the sender that you have received this e-mail message
in error and then delete it. Thank you.