Syntax error in a large COPY

From: Reg Me Please <regmeplease(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Syntax error in a large COPY
Date: 2007-11-06 18:05:52
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi all.
I'm generating an SQL script to load some million rows into a table.
I'm trying to use the COPY command in order to speed the load up.

At a certain point I get an error telling about a
"invalid input syntax for type numeric"

The incriminated line number is the last one (the one containing the \.).

Is there a way to know which line is really malformed?

Thanks.

--
Reg me Please