Another conversion from ASA to PostGres how to

From: "Mike Gould" <mgould(at)allcoast(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Another conversion from ASA to PostGres how to
Date: 2007-06-15 15:06:19
Lists: pgsql-general

All,

As the subject says we are converting from Sybase's SQL Anywhere to PostGres 8.2.4. One of the features in ASA is a SET OPTION PUBLIC.login_procedure='DBA.login_check'.

After a user is authenticated on a connection, if this setting is set, then the database automatically triggers this procedure to be run. We use this to set up a bunch of "global variables" and other settings which need to be updated when a connection is made. How would I handle this in PostGres?

Best Regards,

Michael Gould
All Coast Intermodal Services, Inc.
904-376-7030