persistent db connections in PHP

From: lawpoop(at)gmail(dot)com
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: persistent db connections in PHP
Date: 2007-06-15 14:52:24
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello all!

I'm working on a PHP site using Postgres as a back-end. I have an
include at the top of each page that runs the pg_connect function.

I'm implementing some temporary tables, which I understand are
destroyed automatically at the end of the session. It seems to me that
when I navigate to a new page, or re-load my existing page, I lose my
temporary tables. Is this because I am creating a new session at the
beginning of each page with my pg_connect include?

Also, are temporary tables globally visible, or only within that
session? I mean, can one user see another user's temporary tables?