Re: support for using runas for pg

From: Mohamed Fazil <mohdfazil_p_a(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>, pg-admin postgre <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: support for using runas for pg
Date: 2006-01-10 11:54:22
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

I got a third party utility to run pgsql in non administrative users account and without prompting password. The utility providers ensure that the utility will work in NT. I used this utility for running pg8.1.1 and it shows me the following error with a prompt titled "ININTDB.EXE - DLL Initialization Failed" and the message "Initialization of Dynamic Link Library D:\WINNT\system32\KERNEL32.dll failed. The process is terminating abnormally". Before running this i had created new user named postgres without administrator rights. I tried by providing read & execute rights for the user postgres to Kernl32.dll, user32.dll & for the folder of pg that contains libraries and exe's. Then also it is showing the same error.

please provide me a solution for this. I had tested their utility by running other app same as i tested pg, then it works in NT.

As u mentioned in the previous mail /savecred is not working in Windows 2000. This utility will provides solution for this also.

Regards
Mohamed Fazil

Magnus Hagander <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net> wrote:
> Thanks for the support provided by you guys. I am able to run
> the application using runas.exe but it does not allows me to
> provide the domain password with the same command. Could you
> please provide me a solution to provide password with it.

use runas with /savecred the first time, and then it'll run without
prompting you for the password.

> Also Is there any utility to run postgres as a different user
> in NT. Please help me out.

I've heard of thirdparty tools that did this, but I can't name one.
You'll be hard-pressed to find one that's supported on NT4 these days,
though, but there might be some around.

//Magnus

Yahoo! Photos