New pg_config behavior

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: New pg_config behavior
Date: 2005-10-04 11:01:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I have some doubts about the new pg_config behavior of printing "not recorded"
when an item is not known. I doubt that this will cause automated users of
this program to behave reasonably in error scenarios. I think a more
reasonable behavior would be to use a non-zero exit status and possibly print
a message to stderr and nothing to stdout.

--
Peter Eisentraut