Re: Statistics from Sequences

From: Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
To: Joÿffffffffffe3o Carvalho <joaocarvalho127(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)br>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Statistics from Sequences
Date: 2005-09-08 22:04:27
Lists: pgsql-sql

[Again, please copy the mailing list on replies so others can
participate in and learn from the discussion.]

On Thu, Sep 08, 2005 at 06:25:33PM -0300, Joÿffffffffffe3o Carvalho wrote:
> There's one thing. If the sequence name was fooseq in uppercase
> (FOOSEQ) it does not work. In that case it returns the error: ERROR:
> relation "fooseq" does not exist.

This isn't a sequence issue, it's an identifier issue. See "Why
are my table and column names not recognized in my query?" in the
FAQ and "Identifiers and Key Words" in the documentation:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs.FAQ.html#4.20
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/sql-syntax.html#SQL-SYNTAX-IDENTIFIERS

--
Michael Fuhr