Re: libpq and unwanted stderr output

From: Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>
To: Steve Crawford <scrawford(at)pinpointresearch(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: libpq and unwanted stderr output
Date: 2005-08-19 17:29:04
Lists: pgsql-general

On Fri, Aug 19, 2005 at 10:16:14AM -0700, Steve Crawford wrote:
> I have some C programs which use libpq and I do not want them to write
> output to the screen (unless, of course, I direct them to do so).
> When I use libpq I get unwanted messaged dumped to stderr.

I think you want these:

extern PQnoticeReceiver PQsetNoticeReceiver(PGconn *conn,
PQnoticeReceiver proc,
void *arg);
extern PQnoticeProcessor PQsetNoticeProcessor(PGconn *conn,
PQnoticeProcessor proc,
void *arg);

Not sure about the difference between the two, but just supressing them
should be easy.