Re: pgmonitor

From: stefan(at)net-tex(dot)de
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, elim(at)pdtnetworks(dot)net
Subject: Re: pgmonitor
Date: 2005-08-02 07:56:52
Lists: pgsql-general

> i want to list non-system tables with psql and get the following error.
any
> alternatives? Thanks.
>
> EPost-# \dt
> ERROR: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UNICODE": 0xed
>
> my database used UNICODE as the encoding. and the OS is win2k pro wich
> simplified chinese
> as default language.

There is a character (0xED) that doesn't seem to be Unicode compliant.
Maybe you have a tablename that uses another encoding or is simply fscked
up.

I had those problems with some German character, after switching to UTF8
encoding. I solved it with a pg_dump of the DB that I converted with iconv
to UTF and restored it into the cluster. I have no idea if iconv exists
for Microsoft OSes, but there should be alternatives to convert encoding
to UTF.