Re: row-attribute in EXPLAIN-output doesn't match count(*)

From: Andreas Joseph Krogh <andreak(at)officenet(dot)no>
To: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: row-attribute in EXPLAIN-output doesn't match count(*)
Date: 2005-04-14 17:54:19
Lists: pgsql-sql

On Thursday 14 April 2005 19:33, Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 14, 2005 at 07:21:38PM +0200, Andreas Joseph Krogh wrote:
> > So, what you're suggesting is that a restart of the webapp should make
> > vacuum able to delete those dead rows?
>
> Yes, but that'll only solve your problem for now. You'll have the
> problem again soon. What's keeping open the transaction?

Don't know... All my web-apps semm to have *one* line each in "ps" which says
"dbuser dbname 127.0.0.1 idle in transaction". Those are java-web-apps which
get their connections from a connection-pool(Apache-Commons ConnectionPool),
but there is exactly *one* line pr. web-app which has the "idle in
transaction" line, even tho they have many connections open each.

Any hints on how I can find out what's keeping the connection idle in a
transaction? I realize now that I should probably ask that question on the
pgsql-jdbc-list:-)

But thanks a lot for helping me finding the problem, appreciate it!

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh <andreak(at)officenet(dot)no>
Senior Software Developer / Manager