Re: row-attribute in EXPLAIN-output doesn't match count(*)

From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: row-attribute in EXPLAIN-output doesn't match count(*)
Date: 2005-04-14 18:56:23
Lists: pgsql-sql

On Thu, Apr 14, 2005 at 07:54:19PM +0200, Andreas Joseph Krogh wrote:
> Any hints on how I can find out what's keeping the connection idle in a
> transaction? I realize now that I should probably ask that question on the
> pgsql-jdbc-list:-)

Nope. That's a problem with your pool software. It's no doubt
issuing "BEGIN;" as soon as it connects. It's BAD (broken as
designed) in that case. You need to convince it not to do that, or
else you need to go around and kill -2 such connections from time to
time.

I remember when computers were frustrating because they *did* exactly what
you told them to. That actually seems sort of quaint now.
--J.D. Baldwin