Re: FAQ.html corrections

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org, Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Greg Sabino Mullane <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>
Subject: Re: FAQ.html corrections
Date: 2005-01-17 15:54:38
Lists: pgsql-www

On Monday 17 January 2005 00:01, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Josh Berkus wrote:
> > Bruce,

> > Since when? We've been agnostic about US/British spellings for years.
> > For example, our license is as licence.html.
>
> Oh, I thought we had made changes for consistency in the docs. Maybe
> someone just suggested it in the past. I have not feeling one way or
> the other myself. If we could mix non-English in to the docs that would
> be cool too.
>
> I will say I can't spell most words that are different in US and UK
> anymore because I can't remember which is which anymore. License is one
> of the confusing ones.

I just got tripped up by vacuum/explain analyze and analyse. Everwhere in the
docs we refer to it as analyze, but both work and analyse is a reserved word.
Was thinking maybe the analyze page should be updated if we don't have any
intention to move toward one or the other. Incidentally, while my opinion
may be a little coloured ;-) I do think the Z spelling is more correct, since
afaik everyone says it with z phonetics.

--
Robert Treat