Are functions automatically transactioned?

From: Ciprian Popovici <ciprian(at)zuavra(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Are functions automatically transactioned?
Date: 2004-04-07 21:43:30
Lists: pgsql-general

I need to perform a couple of queries in a function and I need them to be in
the same transaction. I understand I can't start and stop transactions from
inside the functions. But are the contents of a function placed in a
transaction automatically by the server, or do I have to "manually" control
the transaction around the call to the function?

--
Ciprian Popovici