Re: CSS and XHTML

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Andreas GrabmXller <webmaster(at)letzplay(dot)de>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org, grzm(at)myrealbox(dot)com
Subject: Re: CSS and XHTML
Date: 2003-11-09 21:37:52
Lists: pgsql-www

Marc,

> Just a side note ... even with a 'merged site', there should be no reason
> why we can't have 'advocacy.postgresql.org' point to the lead page for
> that section ... same with developer ... I think the thing I don't like
> about the current advocacy site is that it doesn't have the 'glitz' that
> one generally sees from a marketing perspective ...

You and Peter need to battle it out then. Peter doesn't like the existing
advocacy site becuase it's too much Marketing-Speak. I think, in a lot of
ways, he's right; we're not a big corporation and we don't need to pretend to
be one. However, there are several viewpoints in this discussion and I
think we should battle it out on -Advocacy after 7.4 releases.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions