PostgreSQL Scalable ?

From: Hervé Piedvache <herve(at)elma(dot)fr>
To: Postgresql Performance <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PostgreSQL Scalable ?
Date: 2003-10-10 16:36:11
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hi,

One other small question ... Does PostgreSQL is scalable ?
I mean ... is it possible to have two servers, one rack of disks connected to
the 2 servers to get access in same time to the same database ?

Other point is there any possibilties to make servers clusters with PostgreSQL
? If no why ? If yes how ? ;o)

To be clear I would like to make a system with PostgreSQL able to answer about
70 000 000 requests by day (Internet services) ... I'm not sure about the
server configuration I have to make.

Thanks per advance for your answers.

Regards,
--