Re: The database system is in recovery mode

From: Andrew Sullivan <andrew(at)libertyrms(dot)info>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: The database system is in recovery mode
Date: 2003-05-08 18:05:24
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Wed, May 07, 2003 at 06:26:50PM -0700, Mike Castle wrote:

> If so, could you point to docs that verify that?

Just the experience of people who have used ext2 and have had
failures after a crash. I don't pretend to understand the issues in
the filesystems, but there are reports of unrecoverable ext2 errors
after a crash. What I have ready about ext2 is that it is not
entirely crash safe, even with fsync. But I don't know enough about
filesystems to say for sure.

----
Andrew Sullivan 204-4141 Yonge Street
Liberty RMS Toronto, Ontario Canada