Re: Does anyone use TO_CHAR(INTERVAL)?

From: Bruno Wolff III <bruno(at)wolff(dot)to>
To: Tomasz Myrta <jasiek(at)klaster(dot)net>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Does anyone use TO_CHAR(INTERVAL)?
Date: 2003-03-26 04:43:56
Lists: pgsql-sql

On Tue, Mar 25, 2003 at 20:24:55 +0100,
Tomasz Myrta <jasiek(at)klaster(dot)net> wrote:
> Uz.ytkownik Josh Berkus napisa?:
>
> It looks it could be useful to display how much time is left for
> scheduling cases, but as I wrote few threads ago - displaying intervals
> longer than one month is useless without specific date.

That isn't true. Intervals have two parts. One is time difference in
fixed time and the other is a difference in months. You could display
both parts when they are both nonzero.

I haven't found the documenation too specific on which part gets added
first (and this does make a difference in some cases).