Re: Create function statement with insert statement

From: Andreas Schmitz <a(dot)schmitz(at)cityweb(dot)de>
To: "Susan Hoddinott" <susan(at)hexworx(dot)com>, <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Create function statement with insert statement
Date: 2003-03-14 14:52:38
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi Susan,

I had a similar problem with a function using pl/pgsql. I checked the docs
(7.3) for it and discovered the following info:

"A trigger procedure is created with the CREATE FUNCTION command as a function
with no arguments and a return type of OPAQUE"

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/view.php?version=7.2&idoc=1&file=plpgsql-trigger.html

Regards,

-Andreas

--
Andreas Schmitz - Phone +49 201 8501 318
Cityweb-Technik-Service-Gesellschaft mbH