Re: ALTER USER versus GRANT/REVOKE

From: Christoph Dalitz <christoph(dot)dalitz(at)hs-niederrhein(dot)de>
Subject: Re: ALTER USER versus GRANT/REVOKE
Date: 2002-08-30 15:41:21
Lists: pgsql-general

On Fri, 30 Aug 2002 08:29:11 -0700
Ron Snyder <snyder(at)roguewave(dot)com> wrote:

> journal=> \h grant
> Command: GRANT
> Syntax:
> GRANT privilege [, ...] ON object [, ...]
> TO { PUBLIC | GROUP group | username }
>
> Am I misunderstanding your question, or is this what you're looking for?

I was not refering to access privileges for specific objects, but to
general user privileges like

- CREATEDB
- CREATEUSER
- CREATETABLE (not yet supported by PG)
- CREATEFUNCTION (not yet supported by PG)
- ... (not yet supported by PG)

These are granted with ALTER USER in PG 7.2.

Although PG has very limited support for these at the moment, I see
a problem with the current implementation if it is extended to more
user privileges.

Christoph