Re: @(#)Mordred Labs advisory 0x0003: Buffer overflow in

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: Rod Taylor <rbt(at)zort(dot)ca>, Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>, Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>, Gavin Sherry <swm(at)linuxworld(dot)com(dot)au>, Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: @(#)Mordred Labs advisory 0x0003: Buffer overflow in
Date: 2002-08-21 18:08:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On 21 Aug 2002, Rod Taylor wrote:
>
> > Agreed. If patches are applied to the 7.4 branch as fast as normal,
> > then maybe 7.4 will only be 6 months out with well tested Windows, PIT,
> > etc. code that gets applied this October.
> >
> > Whats the intended branchpoint? Beta with less than 5 patches? 3rd
> > beta start period? Less than 100 lines changed between betas?
>
> Actually, I believe the agreement on branchpoint for this release was
> release date ... with the normal having been a few weeks *after* release
> in previous releases ...

Actually, you proposed beta2 as the branch time for this release, and no
one objected. I think we will have to be flexible and see how heavy the
patching is during beta, but I think the latest would be on release
date. Our releases are very solid now, so we have very little patching
after release, and now that I and Tom are fulltime, we can handle the
load of double-patching better.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us