Re: I am being interviewed by OReilly

From: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: I am being interviewed by OReilly
Date: 2002-07-10 09:02:50
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wednesday 10 Jul 2002 5:45 am, Curt Sampson wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Jul 2002, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> > the two first links contain *only* postgresql, so its gotta be pulling a
> > substring in from *somewhere* ...
>
> I don't believe that Google will match "postgres" with "postgresql"
> at all.

Well, why don't we ask them to?

The "did you mean..." message is obviously something they can configure. Does
anyone on the list have contacts at Google? Failing that, a polite request
from the core developers will probably yield results and good public
relations for all concerned.

PS - I use "PostgreSQL", "Postgres", "pgsql" and even "PG" depending on how
tired with typing I am. There is nothing wrong with the official name (imho)
but if we are going to use alternatives it'd be nice if any searches would
match on it.

- Richard Huxton