Re: PLPGSQL language documentation

From: Jeff Eckermann <jeff_eckermann(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com, Sandy Ear <sear(at)la-rubber(dot)com>, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PLPGSQL language documentation
Date: 2002-07-09 19:02:08
Lists: pgsql-sql

I'll second the suggestion about looking at Oracle
PL/SQL materials. I used an introductory PL/SQL text
when learning about PLpgSQL, and found it very useful.
The syntax/functionality is highly similar (by design,
apparently). Much of the Oracle PL/SQL functionality
is not (yet) implemented in PLpgSQL however, so better
to avoid detailed Oracle texts. Skip over the stuff
about explicit cursors and exception handlers.