Networking support for postgres isn't working.

From: Antonio Gennarini <antonio(at)sunstone(dot)it>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Networking support for postgres isn't working.
Date: 2002-03-01 22:01:48
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi.

I'm running version 7.1.3-2 of postgres on my RedHat7.1.
Well, I would like to use gnome-db and it seems to not work because postgres is refusing network connections. I've made my host available in the pg_hda.conf file but still nothing. Yet, I've been told that the postmaster should be initiated with the -i option for network support. COnsidering that I installed the rpms for my distro I was wondering why the packaged version I'm using isn't takeing care of using the -i option. Anyway, how can I tell the postmaster to start with the -i option during boot time. Must I just add the -i option to all the postmaster call that come up in the /etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql file?

Thanks

--
Antonio Gennarini
Crecchio, CH - ITALY