Database abstration layers

From: Jean-Michel POURE <jm(dot)poure(at)freesurf(dot)fr>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Database abstration layers
Date: 2002-02-08 16:23:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Dear all,

I am looking at available database abstraction layers with the idea of
porting pgAdmin2 to Linux. This is just for information, my project is not
clear by now.

GnomeDB (http://www.gnome-db.org) seems quite fantastic when used in
conjunction with Glade. Until now, I never heard of any abstraction layer
under KDE. Is there any?

By the way, I looked at KDE TOra, which seems very Oracle centric. TOra seems
to be built upon database wrappers, not abstraction layer classes. Am I wrong?

What is the best database abstraction under Linux ? Any idea, suggestion,
etc.. are welcome.

Best regards,
Jean-Michel POURE