Not Finding password for Postgres user on Linux

From: "Nandu Garg" <focussed(at)rediffmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Not Finding password for Postgres user on Linux
Date: 2002-01-24 07:41:44
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi all

I have again got installed PGSQL on my Linux machine. However again it asks me to get connected to Postgres user for Linux. Now I have gone through installations and nowhere I found any default password for postgres user. Does the the password is generated dynamically during user creation? Do I have to create a new Liunx user to create database on PGSQL? I am still a new user for PGSQL and shifted from Oracle DBA to it. In Oracle these things were not a problem. There was SYS and shadow user like 'internal'. But this thing is giving me problem like anything. My Linux Admin also don't know the password for Postgres user.

Amol