Not Finding password for Postgres user on linux

From: "Nandu Garg" <focussed(at)rediffmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Not Finding password for Postgres user on linux
Date: 2002-01-24 07:13:22
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi All

I have just now got the Postgresql installed again. But again before connecting it it requires me to connect to Postgres user. Now how could I get connected. There is nothing mentioned in Postgre documentation about the default password. Is the password allocated dynamically?
My linux administrator says he could not find the password. Do I have to create a new user where it's group is pg_database or what?

Amol