Re: encoding names

From: Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: zakkr(at)zf(dot)jcu(dot)cz
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: encoding names
Date: 2001-08-16 06:39:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I have now some time for implement this my suggestion. Or is better
> let down this for 7.2? You are right that it's trivial :-)

I think you should target for 7.2.

> Note: My motivate for this is that I have some multi-language DB
> with Web interface and for current version of PG I must maintain
> separate table for transformation "standard" names to PG encoding
> names and vice-versa:-)
>
> Well, I try send some patch.

Thanks. BTW, I'm working on for dynamically loading the Unicode
conversion functions to descrease the runtime memory requirement. The
reason why I want to do this is:

o they are huge (--enable-unicode-conversion will increase ~1MB in the
load module size)

o nobody will use all of them at once. For example most Japanese users
are only interested in EUC/SJIS maps.
--
Tatsuo Ishii