Inserts using plpgsql

From: Scott Holmes <sholmes(at)pacificnet(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org (PG-General)
Subject: Inserts using plpgsql
Date: 2001-05-17 19:01:28
Lists: pgsql-general

It seems I can insert only a single field using plpgsql.

INSERT INTO journal (j_date, evntnmbr) VALUES (jdate, param); Fails

INSERT INTO journal (j_date) VALUES (jdate); Works

j_date is a date field while evntnmbr with it's associated variable, param,
are integers. Can someone explain this for me please?

Thanks.