Re: outer join fails with error - solaris only

From: Daniel Wickstrom <danw(at)rtp(dot)ericsson(dot)se>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: danw(at)rtp(dot)ericsson(dot)se, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: outer join fails with error - solaris only
Date: 2001-05-17 18:33:01
Lists: pgsql-general

Tom> danw(at)rtp(dot)ericsson(dot)se writes:
>> The following query gives an error when run on solaris 2.7, but
>> it works fine with an equivalent configuration on rh 6.2.

Tom> It probably has nothing to do with the platform, but rather
Tom> with when you last ran VACUUM ANALYZE and what the exact
Tom> contents of the database were at the time. Does the problem
Tom> become reproducible on both platforms if you do SET
Tom> enable_hashjoin TO off; SET enable_nestloop TO off;

I don't vacuum analyze either of these machines, since I'm doing development
now and the db's only have test data in them.

Doing a vacuum analyze and setting enable_hashjoin, enable_nestloop to
off had no effect on solaris. I'll have to wait until I get home
tonight to try the linux box.

>> ERROR: RIGHT JOIN is only supported with mergejoinable join
>> conditions

Tom> I believe this is fixed in 7.1.1 --- sounds like the same bug
Tom> as

I'll try upgrading.

-Dan