Re: Berkeley DB license

From: Brian E Gallew <geek+(at)cmu(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Berkeley DB license
Date: 2000-05-16 16:33:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Then <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us> spoke up and said:
> In the end, we may find that the needs of a database for storage are
> different enough that SDB would not be a win, but I think it is worth
> exploring to see if that is true.

Actually, there are other possibilities, too. As a for-instance, it
might be interesting to see what a reiserfs-based storage manager
looks/performs like.

| JAVA must have been developed in the wilds of West Virginia. |
| After all, why else would it support only single inheritance?? |
| Finger geek(at)cmu(dot)edu for my public key. |