Re: two questions about toast

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
To: Luca Ferrari <fluca1978(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: two questions about toast
Date: 2020-11-15 17:45:17
Lists: pgsql-general

On 11/15/20 9:03 AM, Luca Ferrari wrote:
> Hi all,
> I've a couple of doubts about toast:
> 1) is a REINDEX DATABASE hitting also toast tables or they need to be
> reindexed manually?

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/sql-reindex.html

"DATABASE

Recreate all indexes within the current database. Indexes on shared
system catalogs are also processed. This form of REINDEX cannot be
executed inside a transaction block.
"

"TABLE

Recreate all indexes of the specified table. If the table has a
secondary “TOAST” table, that is reindexed as well.
"

Database --> Table --> TOAST table.

> 2) while executing a query against toasted values I got this debug
> message that I don't know what is meaning

This happened when you where doing the REINDEX DATABASE?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com