Re: Why so long between archive calls?

From: "Chris Hoover" <revoohc(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Alvaro Herrera" <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Why so long between archive calls?
Date: 2006-09-06 20:13:21
Lists: pgsql-admin

Currenty, there are no .ready files in the pg_xlog/archive_status file.

Like I mentioned, the db server was stoped and restarted on 9/5 am, but the
oldest unarchived log file is:
-rw------- 1 postgres postgres 16M Sep 1 04:04 0000000100000197000000F1

I'm not sure what is going on, since the db was stopped and restarted, there
should be no hanging transactions. I would have believed all of the archive
files from before the reboot would have been archived by now.

Let me know if I can provide you with further information. This is my
development/non-production db server, so I do have a little bit of lattitude
on what I do with it.

Chris