RE: [HACKERS] Status report: long-query-string changes

From: "Ansley, Michael" <Michael(dot)Ansley(at)intec(dot)co(dot)za>
To: "'Thomas Lockhart'" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>, Leon <leon(at)udmnet(dot)ru>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: RE: [HACKERS] Status report: long-query-string changes
Date: 1999-09-13 08:16:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers

When is 6.6 being released? I'm not sure about the greedy lexer, I don't
really know enough to comment, but at first glance, yes fine. The question
is, though, what are possible operators. Do we limit the user-defined
operators in PG to only to a specific subset of characters. Perhaps we
should lex each operator separately, and then get the compiler to construct
logical operators from the physical components that it gets.

MikeA