Re: Add SPLIT PARTITION/MERGE PARTITIONS commands

From: Dmitry Koval <d(dot)koval(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>, Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Add SPLIT PARTITION/MERGE PARTITIONS commands
Date: 2024-08-09 07:18:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> This breaks from the CVE-2014-0062 (commit 5f17304) principle of not repeating
> name lookups. The attached demo uses this defect to make one partition have
> two parents.

Thank you very much for information (especially for the demo)!

I'm not sure that we can get the identifier of the newly created
partition from the ProcessUtility() function...
Maybe it would be enough to check that the new partition is located in
the namespace in which we created it (see attachment)?

--
With best regards,
Dmitry Koval

Postgres Professional: http://postgrespro.com

Attachment Content-Type Size
namespace-check.diff text/plain 896 bytes