Re: [SQL] MVCC and concurrent clients

From: "tjk(at)tksoft(dot)com" <tjk(at)tksoft(dot)com>
To: tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us (Tom Lane)
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [SQL] MVCC and concurrent clients
Date: 1999-08-02 20:44:25
Lists: pgsql-sql

Tom,

I missed a part of this dialogue, but if I am correct we
are talking about problems associated with concurrent updates.

Since this is such an important topic, how about creating
a description of the specific problems associated with the issue,
with the goal of establishing a comprehensive solution(s)
to handle the different needs of various client programs?

My thought would be to have a serial number which can be requested
from the server for updates, so that applications which must/want to
process updates sequentially can do so.
(updates=updates/deletes/inserts)

Troy

Troy Korjuslommi Tksoft OY, Inc.
tjk(at)tksoft(dot)com Software Development
Open Source Solutions
Hosting Services