Re: [HACKERS] another locale problem

From: Daniel Kalchev <daniel(at)digsys(dot)bg>
To: Angelos Karageorgiou <angelos(at)awesome(dot)incredible(dot)com>
Cc: Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] another locale problem
Date: 1999-06-11 09:36:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

This is not because of BSD/OS, but because of gcc. I found some 'char'
references in the regex routines and am working on that currently.

I can confirm that other software on BSD/OS works correctly with locales, such
as vi, less etc. Apparently we need unsigned char in order to do anything
sensible with char values over 127.

Daniel